It was interesting to see that I was one of 125 "fans" of the library on Facebook. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see that quite a few libraries within and outside of suffolk are on facebook, NYPL being among them. Looking at Facebook and MySpace I found that both sites were very clean looking which made navigating easy. Both the library MySpace and Teen page have wonderful tools that not only let you view photos from past programs but also give descriptions of future programs.
I found Facebook and MySpace to be similar in that you can connect to people near and far in a matter of seconds. I think there might be more flexability with creating in MySpace than Facebook.
If I were to create an account it would probably be Facebook, not only did I find it more interesting but I know many family and friends who have recently signed on.
I think people find these sites interesting because we have become a "I want it now" society.
The sites can be used as additional means of getting information out to the public.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marked completed.
ReplyDeleteMyspace allows for greater creativity, which is a blessing and a curse. Improperly done, it can crash your browser. Facebook emphasises "keeping up" with people a little more.